Location: West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Ohio
A Traveling Foreman is responsible for various functions including, but not limited to:
- Read, understand and interpret drawings and specifications
- Review and understand detailed list of Subcontracts and Purchase Orders along with contacts with Project Manager prior to the start of the job
- Coordinate subcontractors and material deliveries. Release all pre-purchased materials. Review all shipping inventory before signing packing slip
- Responsible for general and specific safety practices, following company safety manual procedures, and cooperating with our safety representative in a positive pro-active manner
- Monitor Subcontractor / Supplier costs
- High school diploma with additional schooling (AS or BS degree) or equivalent experience preferred; computer/site technology skills a plus
- At least 5 + years’ experience
- Must effectively manage work forces including Operators, Teamsters, and Laborer if applicable
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally with employees, external vendors, owners and general contractors
- Must have strong organizational skills in order to handle the variety of tasks assigned
- Foreman / Superintendents are expected to work all necessary overtime. Salaried Foreman / Superintendents are based on 50/Hrs. per week average
- Traveling is required
Along with a competitive wage, we offer a comprehensive and rich benefits package. Interested candidates should submit/fax their resume along with salary history and requirements.
Independence Excavating, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.