Location: Independence, Ohio
Independence Excavating, Inc., a nationally recognized industry leader in challenging site development, demolition, environmental remediation and concrete crushing seeks to fill the position of a Surveyor to oversees and coordinates the initial layout at the jobsite and provides continual monitoring of the same. Position offers full benefits including healthcare. If you meet the qualifications below please apply:
A Surveyor is responsible for various functions including, but not limited to:
- Provide work control lines and elevations that are required for accurate measurement and correct installation of material by crafts, i.e.,
- Provide checking of as-built conditions that require the use of surveying techniques
- Provide topographic and cross-section surveys as required for planning and payment quantities.
- Provide quantity calculations as required
- Prepare documentation of surveying activities
- Maintain condition and adjustment of surveying equipment
- Supervise Surveying Technician and Surveying Trainee personnel
- Coordinate surveying activities with the assigned engineer to meet the construction requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum HS Diploma. Additional training and/or related certificate preferred
- Ohio Professional Surveying License preferred, but not required
- Minimum five years previous related experience
- Utilize and have thorough understanding of surveying practices and equipment use
- Must be able to verbally communicate instructions and plans well with all internal and external contacts
- Work must be performed carefully and with great accuracy
- Position typically functions at the jobsite in all-weather elements
- Local travel to jobsites required
- Occasional overtime may be necessary during peak times
Along with a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive and rich benefits package. Interested candidates should submit/fax their resume along with salary history and requirements.
Independence Excavating, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.