Small Equipment Mover / Yard Laborer
Location: Independence, Ohio
Independence Excavating, Inc., a nationally recognized industry leader in challenging site development, demolition, environmental remediation and concrete crushing seeks to fill the position of a Small Equipment Mover / Yard Laborer work to transport tools, parts, equipment and supplies/materials, etc., from yard or vendor locations to job sites, or from job site to job site. Position offers full benefits including healthcare. If you meet the qualifications below please apply:
A Small Equipment Mover / Yard Laborer work / Yard Laborer is responsible for various functions including, but not limited to:
- Load and unload trucks and trailers with required tools, parts, equipment, materials, etc.
- Restocking supplies, performing light maintenance on equipment, vehicles, our shop and similar duties
- Keep accurate DOT paperwork and company paperwork in order to track the location of each item every time it is moved to a new location
- Loading and transporting small equipment
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned vehicle on a daily basis
- Maintains the overall cleanliness of all IX Yards (i.e. trash and yard debris removal)
- Fueling and washing all equipment in and out of shop including support vehicles
- Works under Yard Supervisor to ensure seasonal landscape duties are completed (i.e. snow plowing, lawn maintenance, etc.)
- Class A CDL; Hazmat preferred
- HS or GED Diploma
- Must possess a strong work ethic, be a dependable and trustworthy addition to our field support team
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally with co-workers and suppliers
- Must be able to lift over 70lbs, plan routes, contribute ideas, be part of a team and do all with safety as your primary concern
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen, an MVR review, a DOT physical and a background check
Along with a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive and rich benefits package. Interested candidates should submit/fax their resume along with salary history and requirements.
Independence Excavating, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.