Small Equipment / Hot Shot Driver
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
A Small Equipment / Hot Shot Driver is responsible to for loading, unloading, transporting small construction equipment, tools, parts and supplies/materials, etc., from yard or vendor locations to job sites, or from job site to job site and various other functions including, but not limited to:
- Load and unload trucks and trailers with required tools, parts, equipment, materials, etc.
- Knowledge of and keep accurate DOT, local, state and federal regulations and paperwork
- Must keep accurate company paperwork in order to track the location of each item every time it is moved to a new location
- Perform miscellaneous yard, shop or other duties as needed
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned vehicle on a daily basis
- Comply with all safety procedures and training
- Able to perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections making sure truck and trailer are in safe operating conditions
- Other duties as assigned
- Class A CDL; Hazmat preferred
- HS or GED Diploma
- Must possess a strong work ethic, be a dependable and trustworthy addition to our field support team
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally with co-workers and suppliers
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be able to lift over 70 lbs., plan routes, contribute ideas, be part of a team and do all with safety as your primary concern
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen, an MVR review, a DOT physical and a background check
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Responsible for a safe work environment for yourself and coworkers
Along with a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive and rich benefits package. Interested candidates should submit their resume along with salary history and requirements.
Independence Excavating, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.