Professional Land Surveyor
Location: Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia
Looking for a Professional Land Surveyor, licensed in the state of Ohio, Pennsylvania, or West Virginia. Responsible for various functions include, but not limited to:
- Verify site control
- Perform pre-disturbance and post construction topography survey
- Provide topographic and cross-section surveys as required for planning and payment quantities
- Construction stakeout for earthwork, utilities, building layout, roadway improvements, etc
- Comfort level with construction plans in multiple formats, both electronic and paper.
- Self sufficient, self starter, able to work autonomously
- Provide quantity calculations as required
- Maintain condition of surveying equipment
- Perform as-built surveys and prepare deliverables for the customer
- Work with superintendents, foreman, project managers, and other managers to coordinate and plan field work.
- Help project team interpret project documents
- Work with design engineer of record to solve problems if they arise
- Comfort level with GPS equipment, machine control, total station setups, etc.
- Ability to build surfaces for GPS equipment a major plus
- Minimum HS Diploma. Additional training and/or related certificate preferred
- Minimum five years previous related experience
- Active Professional Land Surveyor License
- This is a field position- willingness to work outside and in all weather conditions
- Utilize and have thorough understanding of surveying practices and equipment use
- Must have good math skills
- Must be able to verbally communicate instructions and plans well with all internal and external contacts
- Local travel to jobsites required
Along with a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive and rich benefits package. Interested candidates should submit their resume along with salary history and requirements.
Independence Excavating, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.