Pennsylvania Professional Land Surveyor
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Independence Excavating, Inc., a nationally recognized industry leader in challenging site development, demolition, environmental remediation and concrete crushing seeks to fill the position of a Pennsylvania Professional Land Surveyor who will oversee and coordinate the initial layout at the jobsite and provide continual monitoring. Position offers full benefits including healthcare. If you meet the qualifications below please apply:
A Pennsylvania Professional Land Surveyor is responsible for various functions including, but not limited to:
- Provide work control lines and elevations that are required for accurate measurement and correct installation of material by crafts, i.e.,
- Provide checking of as-built conditions that require the use of surveying techniques
- Provide topographic and cross-section surveys as required for planning and payment quantities.
- Provide quantity calculations as required
- Prepare documentation of surveying activities
- Maintain condition and adjustment of surveying equipment
- Coordinate surveying activities with the assigned engineer to meet the construction requirements
- Regularly makes important decisions on interpreting drawings and specifications and applying them to the physical layout at the job site. There can be large financial implications if inaccurate measurements and/or incorrect installation of materials is made
- Minimum HS Diploma. Additional training and/or related certificate preferred
- Minimum five years previous related experience
- Active Professional Land Surveyor License in the state of Pennsylvania
- This is a field position
- Utilize and have thorough understanding of surveying practices and equipment use
- Must have good math skills
- Must be able to verbally communicate instructions and plans well with all internal and external contacts
- Local travel to jobsites required
Along with a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive and rich benefits package. Interested candidates should submit/fax their resume along with salary history and requirements.
Independence Excavating, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.