Location: Independence, Ohio
An Environmental Manager is responsible to attend bid walks as needed to assess the amount of work, including rough disposal estimates to properly abate a facility of all hazardous substance and regulated materials to allow for demolition and various other functions including, but not limited to:
- Perform job site visits and thoroughly assess environmental remediation/abatement work to ensure regulatory compliance
- Prepare technical proposals and written means and methods of regulated material abatement and remediation work
- Prepare bid estimates
- Oversee and manage implementation of decommissioning/remediation field work
- Perform project management duties as it relates to decommissioning/remediation work
- Coordinates with Local, State, and Federal governmental agencies and obtain permits as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is required
- At least 5-10 years’ experience working primarily in the environmental/demolition industry with an emphasis on abatement of regulated materials and waste management
- Demolition experience preferred
- Possess OSHA knowledge as it pertains to management of hazardous substances and basic industrial hygiene principles
- Must have knowledge of storm water compliance, air quality, hazardous abatement/removal, RCRA compliance, universal waste management, soil assessments, etc.
- Must be able to prepare written estimates and prepare technical proposals
- Typical demolition environments are heavy industrial settings
- Travel is required for this positon. We will attempt to give adequate notice; however, you may be required to travel within a days’ notice or sooner. It is anticipated that 40% to 50% of work will be performed in the field at project locations
Along with a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive and rich benefits package. Interested candidates should submit their resume along with salary history and requirements.
Independence Excavating, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.