Earthwork / Dirt & Grading Foreman
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Independence Excavating, Inc., a nationally recognized industry leader in challenging site development, demolition, environmental remediation and concrete crushing seeks to fill the position of an Earthwork / Dirt & Grading Foreman who will be responsible for general and specific safety practices, following company safety manual procedures, and cooperating with our safety representative in a positive pro-active manner. Position offers full benefits including healthcare. If you meet the qualifications below please apply:
An Earthwork & Grading Foreman is responsible for various functions including, but not limited to:
- Understand grading plans, specifications, and geotechnical information
- Ability to setup cuts and fills in a multitude of situations
- Ability to build and maintain haul roads
- Experience with different types and styles of dirt spreads, ranging from tri-axles, articulators, and rigid framed 777’s
- Fundamental understanding of GPS equipment
- Fundamental understanding of production rates for specific spreads
- Fundamental understanding of drilling and blasting
- Ability and experience in fine grading for roadways, building pads, and parking lots.
- Monitor production, resource utilization and overall job cost vs. estimated cost to maintain profit margin on projects
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma with additional schooling (AS or BS degree) or equivalent experience preferred; computer/site technology skills a plus
- Five plus years previous heavy civil construction experience
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally with employees, external vendors, owners and general contractors
- Must have strong organizational skills in order to handle the variety of tasks assigned
- Must develop positive working relationships with owners, engineers, inspectors, and local governments if necessary
Along with a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive and rich benefits package. Interested candidates should submit/fax their resume along with salary history and requirements.
Independence Excavating, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.