Demolition Chief Estimator
Location: Independence, Ohio
Independence Excavating, Inc., a nationally recognized industry leader in challenging site development, demolition, environmental remediation and concrete crushing seeks to fill the position of a Demolition Chief Estimator to plan, coordinate and direct the estimating functions of the demolition department, and work within the company structure to seamlessly integrate operations with our site development and crushing divisions. Position offers full benefits including healthcare. If you meet the qualifications below please apply:
A Demolition Chief Estimator is responsible for various functions including, but not limited to:
- Provides direct supervision of Estimators, Project Engineers, Project Coordinators, Take-Off Team
- Develop and implement all department standards and procedures, and will have final review of all estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Generates project leads through business development, effective marketing, and review of publications.
- Assists in determining project bidding viability through a review of drawings/specifications, evaluation of competition and consideration of schedule.
- Oversees bid processes of estimators by assisting with prioritizing, answering questions, managing deadlines and resolving bigger issues associated with bid package assembly.
- Manages the process involved with building the schedule for each bid to coordinate availability of labor and equipment for projects.
- Daily financial responsibilities in a variety of areas, such as job cost v. estimated cost as well as some responsibility for the profit and loss of the company.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ten years’ experience in demolition or construction estimating field.
- Must have strong organizational skills in order to handle the variety of tasks assigned.
- Must have technical understanding of engineering drawings and specifications. Must also possess general knowledge of basic civil/construction engineering concepts.
- Must possess a working knowledge of the means and methods of demolition, and have the ability to discuss the viability of each within the confines of the project requirements.
- Must have a keen understanding of risk associated with demolition projects.
- Must possess strong conceptual estimating skills – ability to understand, price, define and explain estimate content and approach.
Along with a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive and rich benefits package. Interested candidates should submit/fax their resume along with salary history and requirements.
Independence Excavating, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.