Wetlands Environmental Specialist
Location: Independence, Ohio
Independence Excavating, Inc., a nationally recognized industry leader in challenging site development, demolition, environmental remediation and concrete crushing seeks to fill the position of a Wetlands Environmental Specialist. Position offers full benefits including healthcare. If you meet the qualifications below please apply:
A Wetlands Environmental Specialist is responsible for various functions including, but not limited to:
- Wetland delineation
- Knowable about wetlands
- Ability to read and understand blue prints
- Manage and conduct environmental assessments, investigation and remediation activities for environmental compliance
- Prepare detailed written reports, presentations and presents projects to staff, local enforcement agencies, contractors, and other organizations
- Completing technical studies
- Perform and thoroughly document field work activities for environmental and construction projects in using tools and resources of the trade
- Coordinates with Local, State, and Federal governmental agencies
- Working daily with Superintendent, Project Managers and Operation’s Managers
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is required
- At least 2-5 years’ experience working primarily in the environmental compliance, industrial hygiene and safety / OSHA compliance
- Construction experience preferred
- Must have knowledge of storm water compliance, air quality, hazardous abatement/removal, soil assessments, etc.
- Must have strong organizational skills in order to handle the variety of tasks assigned
- Must be able to effectively communicate
- Travel is required for this position
Along with a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive and rich benefits package. Interested candidates should submit/fax their resume along with salary history and requirements.
Independence Excavating, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.