Shop Parts Runner
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Independence Excavating, Inc., a nationally recognized industry leader in challenging site development, demolition, environmental remediation and concrete crushing seeks to fill the position of a Shop Parts Runner. Position offers full benefits including healthcare. If you meet the qualifications below please apply:
A Shop Parts Runner is responsible for various functions including, but not limited to:
- Maintains the overall cleanliness of all IX Yards (i.e. trash and yard debris removal)
- Fueling and washing all equipment in and out of shop including support vehicles
- Retrieves (pulls) parts/tools from inventory or if the requested parts are not in inventory notifies supervisors
- Conducts inventory control activities as directed by Supervisors
- Works under Yard Supervisor and Equipment Manager to ensure delivery assignments are completed promptly and correctly
- Completes all documents, forms and reports in accordance with company policy. Specifically accurate delivery slips.
- Maintains a professional appearance for self in accordance with company policy
- Other duties as assigned
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent is required
- Three years previous related experience is preferred
- CDL not required.
- Must have strong organizational skills in order to handle the variety of tasks assigned and to be able to prioritize
- Must develop positive working relationships with vendors
- Must have some basic knowledge of heavy equipment/mechanics in order to know parts and speak intelligently with vendors
- Position functions in the shop as well as the field in all types of weather conditions
- Overtime may be necessary during peak times
- Must be able to work flexible schedule at times
- Auto/Truck (some form of transportation) to and from work, Forklift knowledge would be helpful
Along with a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive and rich benefits package. Interested candidates should submit/fax their resume along with salary history and requirements.
Independence Excavating, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.