Junior Construction Cost Accountant
Location: Independence, Ohio
A Junior Construction Cost Accountant is responsible for working with Project Managers to monitor and control project costs and various functions including, but not limited to:
- Working with Senior Management and Project Managers to establish project standards (target) for time and cost
- Monitors system to measure actual performance and compare it to the targets.
- Monitoring and reporting on project production, budgeted cost, cost-to-complete, percent complete, actual cost-to-date, cost-at-completion and cost and schedule variances
- Evaluates work activities and job costs to identify cost overruns and/or opportunities for costs savings/optimization
- Works with Controller and Project Managers in the maintenance of the company’s construction schedule
- Perform detailed reviews of invoices, job costs, job cost projections and data analytics
- Data entry/invoice preparation in multiple programs simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field of study
- 2+ years’ experience in accounting with construction industry experience
- Financial reporting experience, budgets/forecasting, and general ledger reconciliations
- Experience with construction project cost reporting is highly preferred
- Strong organizational skills, detailed-oriented, ability to meet established deadlines, and proactive thinker with innovative ideas
- Strong Excel skills and Microsoft Office Suite
- Spectrum accounting software
- Ability to work in an ever changing, fast paced environment that will continue to evolve
Along with a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive and rich benefits package. Interested candidates should submit their resume along with salary history and requirements.
Independence Excavating, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.