Help Desk / Desktop Support Technician
Location: Independence, Ohio
A Help Desk / Desktop Support Technician is responsible to provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems
and various other functions including, but not limited to:
- Serve as first point of contact for employees seeking technical assistance via phone, email or in person for support on computing needs including desktop, laptop, printer, and other client-side computing needs
- Schedule appointments with employees for in-person and remote installation of software and training
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by end user
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Perform troubleshooting in person or remote through diagnostic technique.
- Record events, problems and their resolution in ticketing system
- Ability to research and problem solve technical issues
- Maintain IT Inventory
- Image new computers and train users on basic usage
- Install and set up printers and other components
- When necessary, liaise with third party support and PC equipment vendors
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 2 years of experience in a Technical Support role
- Great troubleshooting skills
- Be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution.
- Must have good technical knowledge
- Experience with hardware- Break Fix
- Experience with Windows 7/10
- Experience with Microsoft products like Office- Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Familiar with Office365- Account Management
- Active Directory- Account Management
- Software install and configurations
- Experience with deploying images
- Experience with mobile device – iPad/iPhone/Android setup and configuration
Along with a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive and rich benefits package. Interested candidates should submit their resume along with salary history and requirements.
Independence Excavating, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.