Field Safety Specialist
Location: Chantilly, Virginia
A Field Safety Specialist is responsible for various functions including, but not limited to:
- Conducts safety training pertinent to job specific tasks (Trenching & Excavating, Confined Space, Fall Protection, First-Aid/CPR, etc.)
- Conducts safety and compliance inspections on projects, shops, yards and offices
- Assists in monitoring safety programs, including safety inspections, investigations, and safety training. Be knowledgeable of current NFPA and OSHA standards
- Assists the Safety Managers with external safety-related inspections, follows up on required corrective action when warranted
- Ensure the companies vehicles are inspected regularly and have all necessary insurance and accident reporting information, emergency kits, and meet safety requirements (e.g. tires, lights, etc.). Ensure that companies drivers have are valid driver’s according to company policy
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma with additional schooling (AS or BS degree) on safety related coursework in progress or equivalent experience required. Associates degree preferred, but, not required
- Ten years of experience in utility, excavation, site work civil, etc. or five years of field experience and five years of safety experience recommended
- Must be knowledgeable in regulatory compliance as mandated by local, state, and federal agencies (OSHA, EPA, NFPA, ICC, etc.)
- Must be able to communicate with field workers and field managers
- Required to get certified training and continue renewal of all certifications as needed in all areas of safety and environmental
- Must have thorough knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations and construction safety guidelines; knowledge MSHA is preferred but not required
- Clear and understandable written communication skills are very important
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Independence Excavating, Inc. Field Safety Specialists are dedicated to upholding our culture and values as they relate to safety and the welfare of our team. Field Safety Specialists are proactive in the improvement of our Safety Program.
Along with a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive and rich benefits package. Interested candidates should submit/fax their resume along with salary history and requirements.
Independence Excavating, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.